Apple Quicktime 3GPQuicktime supports many different file formats, like 3GPP, 3GPP2, MPEG-1, MP3 (MPEG-1, Layer 3), MPEG-2 and MPEG-4. Just launch QuickTime Player, and thereís no telling where youíre likely to land. The Player may whisk you to the Moon or perhaps to an exotic location on this planet. Take you on a virtual field trip to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. Or treat you to the latest news, movie trailers, music videos, HBO series or PBS specials.
When you hop aboard QuickTime 7 Player, youíre assured of a truly rich multimedia experience.
Get More with H.264
Thatís because QuickTime 7 Player takes advantage of the latest video compression technology. Itís called H.264, and itís an important new industry standard thatís quickly garnered widespread support. Chosen as the industry-standard codec for 3GPP (mobile multimedia), MPEG-4 HD-DVD and Blu-ray, H.264 represents the next generation of video for everything from mobile multimedia to high-definition playback.
QuickTime 7 Supported Audio/Video Formats:
With Quicktime you can:
* Capture audio
* Create H.264, MPEG-4, 3GPP & 3GPP2 content
* Create surround sound, multi-channel audio
* Play movies in full screen
* Save movies from the Web
* Create slideshows
* Create designer media skins
* Import different media types
* Transcode files from one media format to another
* Export media while continuing playback or editing
* Prepare movies for streaming
* Automate your workflow with Visual Basic Scripts
ē Apple about 3GP
ē Apple QuickTime